Tuesday, April 02, 2002

C++ . . .



I've always known that the true heavy duty programmers code in C++ (assuming we're past the age of the elitist Assembly programmers) and I've always tried hard to avoid learning it (as in REALLY learning it, not just Visual C++ write a few components per instructions kind of thing). I hate JAVA (it's so dang popular and hip, not to mention slow and NOT so cross platform as everyone likes to think. And Visual Basic is just too darn distanced from any real Object Orientated code that it's frustrating to learn that GUI-drag n' drop-ActiveX-controls-box-drawing crap. And all these VB guys that I know don't seem to have a programming clue - so what the heck are they doing?


So I'm biting the bullet and experimenting and logging my progress learning C++. We'll seeing if I'm wasting time, fooling myself, or pursuing (what I believe is) the true heart of all the programming languages [note*] .





The following posts should log my progress and serve to prompt me to continue my development. My goal is to end this experiment in 6 weeks to see what progress can be made with a crash course self-taught method such as this.






note* Java and C# are both based on C++, and VB is just a giant work around to avoid it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home